19 August, 2009

Current Crave: Fall Nail Polish

August is such a time for transition for me and it doesn't just stop in the wardrobe department. Currently I'm craving the dark vampy reds but the timing is not just right. Taking a cue from the runway, as I often do I've selected a few shades: lighter for now & darker for later.

An opalescent shade is modern and current. Not the matte white that we saw a few seasons ago but more of a shimmer or hint of white mixed with taupe, gray or gold. The dark shades are so luxe and glamorous for when the heat wave has subsided...think fur, gold jewelry & black leather.

Take the time to get a regular mani/pedi even if you do it yourself as your total look doesn't just stop at the perfect outfit. Nail colors shouldn't match your outfit....major beauty peeve of mine. Rather select a complimentary color, YOU want to shine not your nail polish. As I always say, beauty is in the details!

MY PICKS:




















No comments:

Post a Comment