27 March, 2009

Pretty Prints


You know the first time you hear a new song by Beyonce...not always a big fan until I hear it at least 2 more times and then miraculously I can't get the song out of my head.
Much like a new song...florals are definitely a print that had to grow on me.


I love girly accessories and frilly dresses but I've always believed flowers should stay in a vase and off of my clothes. Until now...


Art deco meets urban chic! Paired with just the right outfit these would be a statement in any crowd of basic pumps.
  • Keep your outfit minimal, let the shoes make the statement. Perhaps pair with your LBD, a beige pantsuit or a navy shirtdress.

  • Select a bold color bag to accent the shoes...though 80's inspired we don't really want to go back there with dye to match accessories! Choose your favorite color from the shoes or the one that screams "I'm fabulous" the most and wear a bag in that color.
  • Afraid of the color...then select a bag that is monochromatic (or from the same color family) as your outfit. Black dress...black bag...floral pumps.

  • Jewelry can go either way...minimal or drama. Base your selection on the event, time of day/night and your outfit. Just remember...less is always more! A great cocktail ring, classic watch and chandelier earrings are always appropriately chic.

Look around...florals are budding everywhere. Check out your favorite shops and see if the trend doesn't grow on you!

Ciao'


Jessica Simpson Floral Print Pump $89.00














No comments:

Post a Comment