22 January, 2009

Stylist Tip: Buy the Sale



Buy the sale...no matter the season!



One of the greatest pieces of advice I offer my clients when they are shopping on their own is to purchase items on sale no matter what the current season.


  • Perfect example: Last week while running errands I happened upon a perfect black pea coat. Regular price: $250. Purchase price: $49.99!!!


  • Currently we are coming to the end of the harsh winter season so how often will I grab my black double breasted, cashmere-wool blend, hip length pea coat...maybe three more times?!?


  • In my opinion...I got my money's worth. The best realization is how many times will I toss on that great coat next year!!


  • When in search of wardrobe essentials such as a casual coat don't get stuck in the season. We all talk ourselves out of items at the end of the season because we don't think we'll get enough immediate gratification for our investment.


  • End of season sales are precisely when you should purchase some of your wardrobe essentials. They are the pieces that are timeless and void of trends. These are the pieces you will wear time after time...year after year. Often a bit more pricey than other items in your wardrobe so it only makes sense to grab them up on sale!


So if ever in doubt or trying to talk yourself out of a killer bargain...remember there is always next year and it will look a lot better on you knowing you got it at a steal!!


Shop the sale...no matter the season!



Ciao'

No comments:

Post a Comment