28 June, 2009

What to Wear: Dinner Date


Unexpectedly going to dinner?


Be the exception!


Stand out in a sea of black in one of this season's hottest colors: yellow.

To know me is to know I rarely... okay...never wear color. But I always recommend color to my friends & clients.
So in this case...do not as I do...do as I say!

As refreshing as a light rain a jewel tone dress heightens the senses and brings about a warmth to the skin tone.

  • Keep jewelry minimal. The dress is the statement.
  • Mix nudes, tans, greys or blacks with jewel tones for an elegantly chic look. Too many contrasting colors often comes across as harlequin...not the effect you want.
  • Too much color: wear tights. If you are a color shy gal tone down the color by pairing with matte black tights or a cropped black jacket.

Wear with confidence....you will get noticed!

Ciao'

For more inspiration on how to wear jewel tones check out my other blog: Modish Muse

Gathered waist dress $89.99

Boutique 9 Voula $150.00

Hype Simona Clutch $150.00


No comments:

Post a Comment